About the SOM Leadership Development Program
The Leadership Development Program provides an opportunity for a select group of individuals to enhance their careers in the School of Medicine (SOM), and for the School to expand the pool of well-qualified candidates ready for advancement.
This year-long program is designed to help give SOM participants access to:
- Structured classroom sessions focused on essential knowledge areas, including: Finance, Internal Controls, Clinical Operations, Research Administration, Information Technology and Human Resources.
- Panel discussions exploring critical relationships between the SOM and other entities.
- Leadership and management skills assessments.
- Networking opportunities with UCSF leaders and program alumni.
Who should apply:
- Current SOM career employees in MSP and Professional and Support Staff (PSS) classifications at the level of P3 or above, who have demonstrated leadership potential, initiative and excellent performance.
- Applicants who have worked for the University for at least two years and been in their current appointment at least one year by the start of the first session (or by September).
- Applicants must have current supervisory or project management responsibilities.
- Applicants must be able to commit an average of 5 hours per month during regularly scheduled work hours, with the understanding that attendance at all program events is mandatory.
- Employees interested in furthering their own leadership development are encouraged to bring this program to the attention of their supervisors. Both employees and their supervisors must complete the program application.
How to apply:
An application statement and resume must be submitted via the online form by each candidate including one, but no more than two letters of support for your application.
Participants will be selected by committee after a review of their applications and letter(s) of support. Selection will be based on factors including recognized leadership potential, demonstrated initiative and excellent performance.
Nominations will be received until 5:00 pm on Friday, July 27, 2018 via the online form.
The Leadership Development Program Brochure can be viewed here.
If you have questions, please contact [email protected].